That's right folks, IQBoxy loves Xero and Xero loves IQBoxy. This means that all your receipts can now be automatically dropped into your business Xero account as expense claims. No need for a book keeper to record these expenses. Let IQBoxy be your book keeper for business expenses. Sounds interesting? Read on.
Click here to visit Xero's Bills + Expenses Add-Ons where IQBoxy is listed.
Who and what is Xero?
Xero is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company providing online cloud based accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. Xero provides businesses with real-time visibility of their financial position in a way that’s simple, smart and secure. With offices in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States they have amazing coverage and loyal happy customers. Furthermore, Xero’s Australian penetration has been phenomenally positive with 51K paying customers as of March 2013 and we hear that number has doubled in 2014. Outstanding work folks!
Run a business? Not on Xero yet?
If you run a small medium business you should seriously consider using Xero to manage all your accounting & bookkeeping needs. Signup here to try Xero for Free for 30 days. Find out more or try Xero Accounting Software for free.
Thus we are humbled by the opportunity to partner with Xero and provide integration between IQBoxy receipts and Xero customer accounting services.
We are the fastest and simplest way to connect your IQBoxy receipts with Xero.
If you can find someone that does it better and faster then please email us and let us know :-)
Safe & Secure
- We do not store any of your login credentials to Xero. We only ask you to login once (when connecting) and establish a secure connection to Xero as per the Xero Partner integration process.
- All communication between IQBoxy mobile app and IQBoxy servers is over a secure encrypted connection (HTTPS/SSL). You will see a security bar during the app connection process.
- The team at IQBoxy are industry experts in engineering, security & privacy. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns, further questions or just want to chat.
IQBoxy and Xero ~ Better Together
Once you connect Xero with IQBoxy you will experience bliss. A world you never knew existed until now. Here are a few other benefits you will get.
- Saves you time and money when filing expenses for tracking or reimbursement. All your "xero" tagged receipts automatically end up in your Xero account.
- No more manual data entry. We do all the work for you automatically. We have sophisticated machinery that understands your expenses (receipts) and the data on them. Making sure that all the information including the original photo receipt is transferred into your Xero account.
- No delays or wait time! Unlike other services out there, all IQBoxy systems are automated. So a machine does all the work identifying the detail in your receipt and not some human. Humans are slow and pose a security risk hence we opted to invest in sophisticated machinery to eliminate those risks and speed things up.
- Ridiculously easy and fast to connect IQBoxy and Xero. Try it out even with a demo account and see for yourself. It is a 3 step process that requires 0 technical skills. That's what you get when engineers run a tech business. Simplification through abstraction! And you know it's going to work.
Step by Step Integration
Pre-Req: You need to be a signed up member of IQBoxy and have a Xero account. This is the only way to gain access to Connected Apps like Xero. Signing up is free and takes under 30 seconds to complete. Learn more about member benefits here and signup for Xero here if you do not have an account (30 days free).
1. Inside the IQBoxy app, pressing the "menu" button slides open a left hand menu. Click on "My Account".
2. Now click on "Connected Apps" which will reveal the list of Business Accounting and Cloud Storage apps available for you to use for free. Once you have connected, there will be a tick next to the Connected App. For now no Apps are connected to your IQBoxy account. Click on "Xero".
3. You will be asked to login to your Xero account. Use your "Xero account" to login. All communication is safe and encrypted (AES) over HTTPS.
4. Once you have logged in. You will be asked whether you allow IQBoxy app to start sending your receipts autonomously. Click on Accept.
5. Next you will be presented with Xero settings for this connection. They include:
- Expense codes + Tax Rate stored in Xero and
- how to handle new receipts ie. auto push to Xero or manual.
If you selected "Auto-upload all my receipts to Xero", a new Rule will be created in the Rules section. You can manage this and many other custom rules from there. Take a peek and learn about the power of automation in iqboxy.
6. Finally you will see a thank you screen that everything is now done. Press "Done" in the header navigation or the back arrow to go back to the Connected Apps screen.
Xero is Connected! You will see a checkbox next to Xero (as illustrated to the left) after a successful Xero connection.
Was that fast or was that fast!
To disconnect from Xero simply tap the Xero cell again. You will be prompted if you really want to disconnect.
What to expect once connected to Xero
Inside the IQBoxy app
There is only 1 rule to remember: For a receipt to end up in Xero, it must be tagged with the tag name "xero".
This will make sure your other (non business) receipts do not get sent to Xero. You may want to read managing receipts to learn more about tagging. It's short and to the point and gets you up and running super fast.
Once you tag a receipt with "xero", after 5 minutes you will see your dimmed Xero icon light up bright. This means that this receipt is now inside Xero.
If you selected "Auto-upload all my receipts to Xero" during the setup of Xero, a new Rule would have been created in the Rules section. This means that all new receipts being scanned in will be automatically tagged with "xero" tag and thus pushed into Xero automatically. You can manage this and many other custom rules from there. Take a peek and learn about the power of automation in iqboxy.
What to expect inside Xero business accounting
Editing your Integration Settings
After having successfully connected to Xero, there may be a time when you want to update your Xero Integration Settings. They are the Settings you filled out on Step #4 (above) in "Step by Step Integration" section. Editing your Xero Integration Settings is easily done by swiping the Xero cell with you finger. Just like you do when you want to delete something. Once you swipe you will see Edit & Disconnect options (shown below left). Click the Edit to go into Settings (shown bottom right). And that's it. Super easy.
Support: Need help?
If you have any questions related to Connected Apps and Xero connection please contact us.
You can also reach out to us via Xero Community where we share our knowledge with others.