That's right folks, IQBoxyy loves Google Drive and Google Drive loves IQBoxyy. This means that all your receipts can now be automatically dropped into your Google Drive folder. Sounds interesting? Read on.
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service provided by Google which enables user cloud storage, file sharing and collaborative editing. "Google Drive is the home of Google Docs, an office suite of productivity applications, that offer collaborative editing on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more.". It is also a place where you can upload any file (like images) and access it anywhere using any device like mobile or your computer. More here: Google Drive Home and wiki.
In order to use the Google Drive integration service outlined below, you 1st must have a Google Drive account. If you already do then great, jump straight in. Otherwise go to Google Drive website and register for a Free 15 GB account.
Google Drive + IQBoxyy ~ Better Together
Once you connect Google Drive with IQBoxyy you will experience bliss. A world you never knew existed until now. IQBoxyy will quietly send all your receipts to your personal Google Drive folder. At anytime you can disconnect this connection. But rest assured, everything is safe. Including your Google Drive account. We never store any login information. And most of all, all your receipts will now be backed up, synced, into your Google Drive folder.
Safe & Secure
- We do not store any of your login credentials to Google Drive. We only ask you to login once (when connecting) and establish a secure connection to Google Drive as per the Google Drive integration process.
- All communication between IQBoxyy mobile app and IQBoxyy servers encrypted over a secure connection (HTTPS/SSL). You will see a security bar during the app connection process.
- The team at IQBoxyy are industry experts in engineering, security & privacy. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns or just want to chat.
Step by Step Integration
Pre-Req: You need to be a signed up member of IQBoxyy and have a Google Drive account. This is the only way to gain access to Connected Apps like Google Drive. Signing up is free and takes under 30 seconds to complete. Learn more about member benefits here and if you do not have a Google Drive account signup here.
1. Inside the app press "More" in the footer. From the list that shows up, press "Connected Apps".
2.Connected Apps will reveal a list of Business Accounting and Cloud Storage apps available for you to use for free. Once you have connected, there will be a tick next to the Connected App. For now no Apps are connected to your IQBoxyy account. Click on "Google Drive".
3. Select the type of sync method you want IQBoxyy to use (pictured below left). You can either sync all existing receipts in the IQBoxyy cloud to your Google Drive folder or sync just the new receipts.
Bonus: IQBoxyy intelligence service will drop a monthly round up report free of charge into your Google Drive every month. This way you don't have to do the monthly report yourself. We do it for your automatically.
4. Use your Google Drive account login (pictured below right) to connect Google Drive to your IQBoxyy app. If you do not have a Google Drive account you can get one from here for free. Once connected follow through all the Google Drive screens until you reach a done screen.
5. Once you press done, you will be taken back to the list of Connected Apps. Now the Google Drive cell has a tick next to it (as pictured left) to indicate a successful connection to Google Drive.
To disconnect from Google Drive simply tap the Google Drive cell again. You will be prompted if you really want to disconnect.
What to expect once connected to Google Drive
Based on the sync settings you selected above, you will start seeing your receipts and their meta data appear inside Google Drive. Just as pictured below. Below is a screenshot of what you should expect to see inside your Google Drive folder. If you do not see this or see something else, please contact us. We respond pretty fast and will get you back on the rails.
How about an alternative cloud storage?
IQBoxyy also supports the following cloud storage services which you may know of/trust.
Support: Need help?
If you have any question related to Connected Apps and Google Drive connection please contact us. The staff that support IQBoxyy are also the ones who build it. Therefore there is no problem too big. We have you covered.