Attention FreshBooks cloud accounting users, IQBoxy integration is here. This means that all your receipts can now be automatically dropped into your business FreshBooks account as expense claims on the go and in context. You can relieve your bookkeeper from the monthly chase of collecting those purchases & bills across your organization. Let IQBoxy be your bookkeeper's collector for business purchases, bills & expenses. Here's how.
Click here to visit FreshBooks's Expense Tracking Add-Ons where IQBoxy is listed.
Who and what is FreshBooks?
FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting software service based in Toronto, Canada designed for owners of the types of small client-service businesses that send invoices to clients and get paid for their time and expertise. It was founded by Mike McDerment and Joe Sawada in 2003 out of McDerment's previous Internet marketing consulting business Anicon. Source: wiki.
If you run a small medium business, consider using FreshBooks to manage all your accounting & bookkeeping needs. Signup here to try FreshBooks for Free for 30 days. Find out more or try FreshBooks Accounting Software for free.
Fastest add-on app, guaranteed!
We are the fastest and simplest way to connect your IQBoxy app with FreshBooks. If you can find someone that does it better and faster then please contact us and let us know.
Safe & Secure
- We do not store any of your login credentials to FreshBooks. We only ask you to login once (when connecting) and establish a secure connection to FreshBooks as per the FreshBooks Partner integration process.
- All communication between IQBoxy mobile app and IQBoxy servers is over a secure encrypted connection (HTTPS/TLS 1.2).
- Want to know more? Find out WHY IQBOXY.
Step by Step Integration
Pre-Req: You need to be a signed up member of IQBoxy and have a FreshBooks account. This is the only way to gain access to Connected Apps like FreshBooks. Signing up is free and takes under 30 seconds to complete. Learn more about member benefits here and signup for FreshBooks here if you do not have an account (30 days free).
1. Inside the app press "More" in the footer. From the list that shows up, press "Connected Apps".
2. Connected Apps will reveal a list of Business Accounting and Cloud Storage apps available for you to use for free. Once you have connected, there will be a tick next to the Connected App. For now no Apps are connected to your IQBoxy account. Click on "FreshBooks".
3. You will be asked to login to your FreshBooks account. Use your "FreshBooks account" to login. All communication is safe and encrypted (AES) over HTTPS.
4. Once you have logged in. You will be asked whether you allow IQBoxy app to start sending your receipts autonomously. Click on Accept.
5. Next you will be presented with FreshBooks settings for this connection. They include:
- Expense codes + Tax Rate stored in FreshBooks and
- how to handle new receipts ie. auto push to FreshBooks or manual.
If you selected "Auto-upload all my receipts to FreshBooks", a new Rule will be created in the Rules section. You can manage this and many other custom rules from there. Take a peek and learn about the power of automation in iqboxy.
6. Finally you will see a thank you screen that everything is now done. Press "Done" in the header navigation or the back arrow to go back to the Connected Apps screen.
FreshBooks is Connected! You will see a checkbox next to FreshBooks (as illustrated to the left) after a successful FreshBooks connection.
Was that fast or was that fast!
To disconnect from FreshBooks simply tap the FreshBooks cell again. You will be prompted if you really want to disconnect.
What to expect once connected to FreshBooks
Inside the IQBoxy app
There is only 1 rule to remember: For a receipt to end up in FreshBooks, it must be tagged with the tag name "freshbooks".
This will make sure your other (non business) receipts do not get sent to FreshBooks. You may want to read managing receipts to learn more about tagging. It's short and to the point and gets you up and running super fast.
Once you tag a receipt with "freshbooks", after 5 minutes you will see your dimmed FreshBooks icon light up bright. This means that this receipt is now inside FreshBooks.
If you selected "Auto-upload all my receipts to FreshBooks" during the setup of FreshBooks, a new Rule would have been created in the Rules section. This means that all new receipts being scanned in will be automatically tagged with "freshbooks" tag and thus pushed into FreshBooks automatically. You can manage this and many other custom rules from there. Take a peek and learn about the power of automation in iqboxy.
What to expect inside FreshBooks business accounting
Editing your Integration Settings
After having successfully connected to FreshBooks, there may be a time when you want to update your FreshBooks Integration Settings. They are the Settings you filled out on Step #4 (above) in "Step by Step Integration" section. Editing your FreshBooks Integration Settings is easily done by swiping the FreshBooks cell with you finger. Just like you do when you want to delete something. Once you swipe you will see Edit & Disconnect options (shown below left). Click the Edit to go into Settings (shown bottom right). And that's it. Super easy.
Support: Need help?
If you have any questions related to Connected Apps and FreshBooks connection please contact us.