That's right folks, all your receipts can now be automatically dropped into your Evernote cloud notes. Sounds interesting? Read on to find out more.
What is Evernote?
Evernote is a suite type of software and services, designed for notetaking and archiving. A "note" can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten "ink" note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notes can be sorted into folders, then tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched and exported as part of a notebook. ref: wiki
In order to use the Evernote integration service outlined below, you 1st must have a Evernote account. If you already do then great, jump straight in. Otherwise go to Evernote website and register for a Free (60MB/month) account.
Evernote + IQBoxy ~ Better Together
Once you connect Evernote with IQBoxy you will experience bliss. A world you never knew existed until now. IQBoxy will quietly send all your receipts to your personal Evernote folder. At anytime you can disconnect this connection. But rest assured, everything is safe. Including your Evernote account. We never store any login information. And most of all, all your receipts will now be backed up, synced, into your Evernote folder.
Safe & Secure
- We do not store any of your login credentials to Evernote. We only ask you to login once (when connecting) and establish a secure connection to Evernote as per the Evernote integration process.
- All communication between IQBoxy mobile app and IQBoxy servers encrypted over a secure connection (HTTPS/SSL). You will see a security bar during the app connection process.
- The team at IQBoxy are industry experts in engineering, security & privacy. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns or just want to chat.
Step by Step Integration
Pre-Req: You need to be a signed up member of IQBoxy and have a Evernote account. This is the only way to gain access to Connected Apps like Evernote. Signing up is free and takes under 30 seconds to complete. Learn more about member benefits here and signup for Evernote here if you do not have an account.
1. Inside the app press "More" in the footer. From the list that shows up, press "Connected Apps".
2. Connected Apps will reveal a list of Business Accounting and Cloud Storage apps available for you to use for free. Once you have connected, there will be a tick next to the Connected App. For now no Apps are connected to your IQBoxy account. Click on "Evernote".
3. Select the type of sync method you want IQBoxy to use (pictured below left). You can either sync all existing receipts in the IQBoxy cloud to your Evernote folder or sync just the new receipts.
Bonus: IQBoxy intelligence service will drop a monthly round up report free of charge into your Evernote every month. This way you don't have to do the monthly report yourself. We do it for your automatically.
4. Use your Evernote account login (pictured below right) to connect Evernote to your IQBoxy app. If you do not have a Evernote account you can get one from here for free. Once connected follow through all the Evernote screens until you reach a done screen.
5. Once you press done, you will be taken back to the list of Connected Apps. Now the Evernote cell has a tick next to it (as pictured left) to indicate a successful connection to Evernote.
To disconnect from Evernote simply tap the Evernote cell again. You will be prompted if you really want to disconnect.
What to expect once connected to Evernote
Based on the sync settings you selected above, you will start seeing your receipts and their meta data appear inside Evernote. Just as pictured below. Below are screenshots of what you should expect to see inside your Evernote folder. If you do not see this or see something else, please contact us. We respond pretty fast and will get you back on the rails.
Evernote mobile app - Evernote mobile app can be downloaded from iTunes or Google Play store. The following screenshot is from an iPhone running the Evernote app.
Evernote desktop app - You would have downloaded a Evernote desktop app for your operating system after registration. When you login to this app, with IQBoxy integration you should see something like this.
How about an alternative cloud storage?
IQBoxy also supports the following cloud storage services which you may know of/trust.
Support: Need help?
If you have any question related to Connected Apps and Evernote connection please contact us. The staff that support IQBoxy are also the ones who build it. Therefore there is no problem too big. We have you covered.