That's right folks, IQBoxy loves Dropbox and Dropbox loves IQBoxy. This means that all your receipts can now be automatically dropped into your Dropbox folder. Sounds interesting? Read on.
What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. Dropbox allows users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronizes so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of which computer is used to view it. Files placed in this folder also are accessible through a website and mobile phone applications. ref: wiki
In order to use the Dropbox integration service outlined below, you 1st must have a Dropbox account. If you already do then great, jump straight in. Otherwise go to Dropbox website and register for a Free 2 GB account.
Dropbox + IQBoxy ~ Better Together
Once you connect Dropbox with IQBoxy you will experience bliss. A world you never knew existed until now. IQBoxy will quietly send all your receipts to your personal Dropbox folder. At anytime you can disconnect this connection. But rest assured, everything is safe. Including your Dropbox account. We never store any login information. And most of all, all your receipts will now be backed up, synced, into your Dropbox folder.
Safe & Secure
- We do not store any of your login credentials to Dropbox. We only ask you to login once (when connecting) and establish a secure connection to Dropbox as per the Dropbox integration process.
- All communication between IQBoxy mobile app and IQBoxy servers encrypted over a secure connection (HTTPS/SSL). You will see a security bar during the app connection process.
- The team at IQBoxy are industry experts in engineering, security & privacy. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns or just want to chat.
Step by Step Integration
Pre-Req: You need to be a signed up member of IQBoxy and have a Dropbox account. This is the only way to gain access to Connected Apps like Dropbox. Signing up is free and takes under 30 seconds to complete. Learn more about member benefits here and signup for Dropbox here if you do not have an account.
1. Inside the app press "More" in the footer. From the list that shows up, press "Connected Apps".
2. Connected Apps will reveal a list of Business Accounting and Cloud Storage apps available for you to use for free. Once you have connected, there will be a tick next to the Connected App. For now no Apps are connected to your IQBoxy account. Click on "Dropbox".
3. Select the type of sync method you want IQBoxy to use (pictured below left). You can either sync all existing receipts in the IQBoxy cloud to your Dropbox folder or sync just the new receipts.
Bonus: IQBoxy intelligence service will drop a monthly round up report free of charge into your Dropbox every month. This way you don't have to do the monthly report yourself. We do it for your automatically.
4. Use your Dropbox account login (pictured below right) to connect Dropbox to your IQBoxy app. If you do not have a Dropbox account you can get one from here for free. Once connected follow through all the Dropbox screens until you reach a done screen.
5. Once you press done, you will be taken back to the list of Connected Apps. Now the Dropbox cell has a tick next to it (as pictured left) to indicate a successful connection to Dropbox.
To disconnect from Dropbox simply tap the Dropbox cell again. You will be prompted if you really want to disconnect.
What to expect once connected to Dropbox
Based on the sync settings you selected above, you will start seeing your receipts and their meta data appear inside Dropbox. Just as pictured below. Below are screenshots of what you should expect to see inside your Dropbox folder. If you do not see this or see something else, please contact us. We respond pretty fast and will get you back on the rails.
Dropbox mobile app - Dropbox mobile app can be downloaded from iTunes or Google Play store. The following screenshot is from an iPhone running the Dropbox app.
Dropbox desktop folder - You would have downloaded a Dropbox desktop app for your operating system after registration. The app creates a folder on your machine. With IQBoxy integration you should see something like this.
Dropbox browser - If you go directly to dropbox.com and login, you will see something similar in your "Apps > IQBoxy Receipts" folder.
How about an alternative cloud storage?
IQBoxy also supports the following cloud storage services which you may know of/trust.
Support: Need help?
If you have any question related to Connected Apps and Dropbox connection please contact us. The staff that support IQBoxy are also the ones who build it. Therefore there is no problem too big. We have you covered.